Sep 13, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
You may remember Teddy Kremer, the Reds bat boy who, back in April, told Todd Frazier to hit a home run. After which Todd Frazier hit a home run. After that Teddy got a lot of media exposure. Maybe because he’s better than Dusty Baker is at getting Todd Frazier to do things. I don’t know.
Anyway, Teddy, who has Down Syndrome, has continued to stay in the public eye. As this report from WKNU public radio notes, he has become a fan favorite — people lined up for his autograph recently — has been offered a job with the Reds in fan accommodations and has an ESPN documentary crew following him around. It’s a great story, and the report talks to his parents and others in his life, giving us a fuller picture of the guy who told Todd Frazier to hit a home run.
I still don’t know why he likes LaRosa’s pizza — he’s all about a Reds promotion that gives fans free LaRosa’s if Reds pitchers strike out 11 batters — but I suppose even popular people can have bad taste.
Correction: the photo which ran with this post earlier was taken by Jeff Swinger of the Cincinnati Enquirer. I had mistakenly thought it was an AP photo. Apologies.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 114
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)