Sep 13, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
You may remember Teddy Kremer, the Reds bat boy who, back in April, told Todd Frazier to hit a home run. After which Todd Frazier hit a home run. After that Teddy got a lot of media exposure. Maybe because he’s better than Dusty Baker is at getting Todd Frazier to do things. I don’t know.
Anyway, Teddy, who has Down Syndrome, has continued to stay in the public eye. As this report from WKNU public radio notes, he has become a fan favorite — people lined up for his autograph recently — has been offered a job with the Reds in fan accommodations and has an ESPN documentary crew following him around. It’s a great story, and the report talks to his parents and others in his life, giving us a fuller picture of the guy who told Todd Frazier to hit a home run.
I still don’t know why he likes LaRosa’s pizza — he’s all about a Reds promotion that gives fans free LaRosa’s if Reds pitchers strike out 11 batters — but I suppose even popular people can have bad taste.
Correction: the photo which ran with this post earlier was taken by Jeff Swinger of the Cincinnati Enquirer. I had mistakenly thought it was an AP photo. Apologies.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)