Sep 14, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that Soriano apparently injured the thumb diving for a ball in Baltimore this week and has been bothered by it ever since. Early word is that it’s a day-to-day type of injury, so the Yankees will have to hope that it’s nothing more than that. They already lost outfielder Brett Gardner to a strained oblique on Thursday.
Soriano has been fantastic since returning to the Yankees on July 26, batting .251/.299/.525 with 15 home runs and 47 RBI in 46 games. He leads the majors in home runs and RBI during that timespan.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)