Sep 14, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that Soriano apparently injured the thumb diving for a ball in Baltimore this week and has been bothered by it ever since. Early word is that it’s a day-to-day type of injury, so the Yankees will have to hope that it’s nothing more than that. They already lost outfielder Brett Gardner to a strained oblique on Thursday.
Soriano has been fantastic since returning to the Yankees on July 26, batting .251/.299/.525 with 15 home runs and 47 RBI in 46 games. He leads the majors in home runs and RBI during that timespan.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)