Sep 14, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
This is great.
After spending 11 years in the minors, catcher Cody Clark was called up by the Astros last month. But until last night, he was still looking for that elusive first MLB hit. He finally got it in the fifth inning, snapping an 0-for-25 hitless streak. Here’s a link to the video.
Matt Dominguez told CSNHouston.com that the ovation for Clark at Minute Maid Park was “the loudest I’ve (heard) for just a hit this year.” Meanwhile, Dallas Keuchel called it ” one of the better sights I’ve seen in professional baseball.”
Below is an interview with Clark after the game, complete with Gatorade shower. It doesn’t look like anyone will be able to wipe that smile off his face for a while.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)