Sep 14, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
This is great.
After spending 11 years in the minors, catcher Cody Clark was called up by the Astros last month. But until last night, he was still looking for that elusive first MLB hit. He finally got it in the fifth inning, snapping an 0-for-25 hitless streak. Here’s a link to the video.
Matt Dominguez told CSNHouston.com that the ovation for Clark at Minute Maid Park was “the loudest I’ve (heard) for just a hit this year.” Meanwhile, Dallas Keuchel called it ” one of the better sights I’ve seen in professional baseball.”
Below is an interview with Clark after the game, complete with Gatorade shower. It doesn’t look like anyone will be able to wipe that smile off his face for a while.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 76
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47