Sep 14, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
This is great.
After spending 11 years in the minors, catcher Cody Clark was called up by the Astros last month. But until last night, he was still looking for that elusive first MLB hit. He finally got it in the fifth inning, snapping an 0-for-25 hitless streak. Here’s a link to the video.
Matt Dominguez told CSNHouston.com that the ovation for Clark at Minute Maid Park was “the loudest I’ve (heard) for just a hit this year.” Meanwhile, Dallas Keuchel called it ” one of the better sights I’ve seen in professional baseball.”
Below is an interview with Clark after the game, complete with Gatorade shower. It doesn’t look like anyone will be able to wipe that smile off his face for a while.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)