Sep 14, 2013, 4:10 PM EST
This is great.
After spending 11 years in the minors, catcher Cody Clark was called up by the Astros last month. But until last night, he was still looking for that elusive first MLB hit. He finally got it in the fifth inning, snapping an 0-for-25 hitless streak. Here’s a link to the video.
Matt Dominguez told CSNHouston.com that the ovation for Clark at Minute Maid Park was “the loudest I’ve (heard) for just a hit this year.” Meanwhile, Dallas Keuchel called it ” one of the better sights I’ve seen in professional baseball.”
Below is an interview with Clark after the game, complete with Gatorade shower. It doesn’t look like anyone will be able to wipe that smile off his face for a while.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 3
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 26
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)