Sep 14, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
This is great.
After spending 11 years in the minors, catcher Cody Clark was called up by the Astros last month. But until last night, he was still looking for that elusive first MLB hit. He finally got it in the fifth inning, snapping an 0-for-25 hitless streak. Here’s a link to the video.
Matt Dominguez told CSNHouston.com that the ovation for Clark at Minute Maid Park was “the loudest I’ve (heard) for just a hit this year.” Meanwhile, Dallas Keuchel called it ” one of the better sights I’ve seen in professional baseball.”
Below is an interview with Clark after the game, complete with Gatorade shower. It doesn’t look like anyone will be able to wipe that smile off his face for a while.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)