Sep 14, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
The Mets are just playing out the string at this point, but it appears that David Wright will get some peace of mind going into the offseason.
According to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, Mets manager Terry Collins said this afternoon that Wright could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Tuesday against the Giants. The 30-year-old has been sidelined since August 2 with a Grade 2 strain of his right hamstring, but he has been able to ramp up baseball activities in recent days.
Wright was quietly having one of his best seasons prior to the injury, batting .309/.391/.512 with 16 home runs, 54 RBI and 17 stolen bases in 105 games. The Mets have gone 16-23 with him on the shelf.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 107
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (107)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)