Sep 14, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Last night was Friday, the 13th of September, considered to be an unlucky day among the superstitious. For the uninitiated, Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully took time in between game action to bring us up to speed on the history of the day, discussing its origin, differences among other cultures, and he even dropped in a Tupac Shakur reference.
People tend to go a little overboard when they hail Scully as the best broadcaster in the business, but last night was yet another reminder that, indeed, Scully is the best broadcaster in the business.
Friday the 13th did happen to be bad news for the Dodgers, who lost behind future 2013 NL Cy Young award winner Clayton Kershaw, who allowed three runs (two earned) in seven innings, allowing eight hits and walking none while striking out six.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)