Sep 14, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
Last night was Friday, the 13th of September, considered to be an unlucky day among the superstitious. For the uninitiated, Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully took time in between game action to bring us up to speed on the history of the day, discussing its origin, differences among other cultures, and he even dropped in a Tupac Shakur reference.
People tend to go a little overboard when they hail Scully as the best broadcaster in the business, but last night was yet another reminder that, indeed, Scully is the best broadcaster in the business.
Friday the 13th did happen to be bad news for the Dodgers, who lost behind future 2013 NL Cy Young award winner Clayton Kershaw, who allowed three runs (two earned) in seven innings, allowing eight hits and walking none while striking out six.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)