Sep 14, 2013, 12:24 PM EST
Felix Hernandez hasn’t pitched since September 2 due to a minor oblique strain on his left side, but he’s hoping to rejoin the Mariners’ rotation as soon as next week.
According to Greg Johns of MLB.com, Hernandez didn’t have any problems throwing off flat ground prior to yesterday’s game against the Cardinals. He’s scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Monday, potentially clearing the way for him to start Wednesday against the Tigers.
Hernandez is 12-9 with a 3.01 ERA and 200/41 K/BB ratio in 194 1/3 innings over 29 starts this season. He was being mentioned as a potential threat for American League Cy Young Award honors for a while, but a 6.42 ERA over his last six starts has put a damper on things.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)