Sep 15, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Padres lefty Cory Luebke has had a bumpy road since undergoing Tommy John surgery on his left elbow in May last year. He had to stop his throwing program back in May, and now the Padres have shut him down after four bullpen sessions, reports Corey Brock. Luebke felt soreness in his elbow, which is never a good sign.
Luebke’s 2012 season halted after five starts in which he posted a 2.61 ERA in 31 innings. He will be 29 years old when the regular season starts next year.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)