Sep 15, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Padres lefty Cory Luebke has had a bumpy road since undergoing Tommy John surgery on his left elbow in May last year. He had to stop his throwing program back in May, and now the Padres have shut him down after four bullpen sessions, reports Corey Brock. Luebke felt soreness in his elbow, which is never a good sign.
Luebke’s 2012 season halted after five starts in which he posted a 2.61 ERA in 31 innings. He will be 29 years old when the regular season starts next year.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)