Sep 15, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Padres lefty Cory Luebke has had a bumpy road since undergoing Tommy John surgery on his left elbow in May last year. He had to stop his throwing program back in May, and now the Padres have shut him down after four bullpen sessions, reports Corey Brock. Luebke felt soreness in his elbow, which is never a good sign.
Luebke’s 2012 season halted after five starts in which he posted a 2.61 ERA in 31 innings. He will be 29 years old when the regular season starts next year.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)