Sep 15, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Padres lefty Cory Luebke has had a bumpy road since undergoing Tommy John surgery on his left elbow in May last year. He had to stop his throwing program back in May, and now the Padres have shut him down after four bullpen sessions, reports Corey Brock. Luebke felt soreness in his elbow, which is never a good sign.
Luebke’s 2012 season halted after five starts in which he posted a 2.61 ERA in 31 innings. He will be 29 years old when the regular season starts next year.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29