Sep 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After making 204 appearances in the past three seasons, including a league-high 80 appearances last year, Yankees reliever Boone Logan‘s left elbow may have had enough.
Logan hasn’t pitched for two weeks due to elbow soreness and Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that the left-hander took a trip to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
Logan has a 3.60 ERA since the beginning of 2011, averaging just two outs per appearance while being used in a left-handed specialist role.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)