Sep 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After making 204 appearances in the past three seasons, including a league-high 80 appearances last year, Yankees reliever Boone Logan‘s left elbow may have had enough.
Logan hasn’t pitched for two weeks due to elbow soreness and Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that the left-hander took a trip to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
Logan has a 3.60 ERA since the beginning of 2011, averaging just two outs per appearance while being used in a left-handed specialist role.
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 3
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 23
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)