Sep 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After making 204 appearances in the past three seasons, including a league-high 80 appearances last year, Yankees reliever Boone Logan‘s left elbow may have had enough.
Logan hasn’t pitched for two weeks due to elbow soreness and Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that the left-hander took a trip to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
Logan has a 3.60 ERA since the beginning of 2011, averaging just two outs per appearance while being used in a left-handed specialist role.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)