Sep 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After making 204 appearances in the past three seasons, including a league-high 80 appearances last year, Yankees reliever Boone Logan‘s left elbow may have had enough.
Logan hasn’t pitched for two weeks due to elbow soreness and Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that the left-hander took a trip to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
Logan has a 3.60 ERA since the beginning of 2011, averaging just two outs per appearance while being used in a left-handed specialist role.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)