Sep 16, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
After making 204 appearances in the past three seasons, including a league-high 80 appearances last year, Yankees reliever Boone Logan‘s left elbow may have had enough.
Logan hasn’t pitched for two weeks due to elbow soreness and Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that the left-hander took a trip to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
Logan has a 3.60 ERA since the beginning of 2011, averaging just two outs per appearance while being used in a left-handed specialist role.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)