Sep 16, 2013, 5:01 PM EST
A week ago it was reported that big hitting Cuban infielder Alexander Guerrero was close to signing with the Dodgers. He hasn’t signed yet and now he’s hired Super Agent Scott Boras. Who says that the bidding window is open to everyone:
Source: Alexander Guerrero has signed with Boras Corp. & they are now leading negotiations. They are entertaining offers from all 30 teams.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) September 16, 2013
That’s the thing about Boras. He’s all about fairness and opportunity for everyone who might give his clients money. He’s the most American of the agents in that way.
Anyway, the Dodgers’ reported offer was $32 million. Gonna have to do better than that if you want Guerrero now.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)