Sep 16, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
A week ago it was reported that big hitting Cuban infielder Alexander Guerrero was close to signing with the Dodgers. He hasn’t signed yet and now he’s hired Super Agent Scott Boras. Who says that the bidding window is open to everyone:
Source: Alexander Guerrero has signed with Boras Corp. & they are now leading negotiations. They are entertaining offers from all 30 teams.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) September 16, 2013
That’s the thing about Boras. He’s all about fairness and opportunity for everyone who might give his clients money. He’s the most American of the agents in that way.
Anyway, the Dodgers’ reported offer was $32 million. Gonna have to do better than that if you want Guerrero now.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 66
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)