Sep 16, 2013, 5:01 PM EST
A week ago it was reported that big hitting Cuban infielder Alexander Guerrero was close to signing with the Dodgers. He hasn’t signed yet and now he’s hired Super Agent Scott Boras. Who says that the bidding window is open to everyone:
Source: Alexander Guerrero has signed with Boras Corp. & they are now leading negotiations. They are entertaining offers from all 30 teams.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) September 16, 2013
That’s the thing about Boras. He’s all about fairness and opportunity for everyone who might give his clients money. He’s the most American of the agents in that way.
Anyway, the Dodgers’ reported offer was $32 million. Gonna have to do better than that if you want Guerrero now.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)