Sep 16, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
A week ago it was reported that big hitting Cuban infielder Alexander Guerrero was close to signing with the Dodgers. He hasn’t signed yet and now he’s hired Super Agent Scott Boras. Who says that the bidding window is open to everyone:
Source: Alexander Guerrero has signed with Boras Corp. & they are now leading negotiations. They are entertaining offers from all 30 teams.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) September 16, 2013
That’s the thing about Boras. He’s all about fairness and opportunity for everyone who might give his clients money. He’s the most American of the agents in that way.
Anyway, the Dodgers’ reported offer was $32 million. Gonna have to do better than that if you want Guerrero now.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)