Sep 16, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
A week ago it was reported that big hitting Cuban infielder Alexander Guerrero was close to signing with the Dodgers. He hasn’t signed yet and now he’s hired Super Agent Scott Boras. Who says that the bidding window is open to everyone:
Source: Alexander Guerrero has signed with Boras Corp. & they are now leading negotiations. They are entertaining offers from all 30 teams.
— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) September 16, 2013
That’s the thing about Boras. He’s all about fairness and opportunity for everyone who might give his clients money. He’s the most American of the agents in that way.
Anyway, the Dodgers’ reported offer was $32 million. Gonna have to do better than that if you want Guerrero now.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17