Sep 16, 2013, 9:12 PM EST
The Rays acquired Jesse Crain from the White Sox on July 29, but he has yet to make an appearance for the club due to a right shoulder strain. That could change very soon.
According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, Crain threw 30 pitches today in his first session against hitters in over two months. If his shoulder feels good tomorrow, it’s possible he’ll make his Rays debut within the next couple of days.
Crain, 32, had a 0.74 ERA and 46/11 K/BB ratio over 36 2/3 innings prior to the injury. He acknowledged today that he’s closer to 90 percent than 100 percent, but still thinks he can be effective.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27