Sep 16, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
While it’s not clear how much he’ll play, Matt Kemp has been activated from the disabled list by the Dodgers.
Kemp has been sidelined since July 21 with a sprained left ankle. The 28-year-old outfielder had a minor setback earlier this month due to renewed tightness in his right hamstring, but he has been able to ramp up baseball activities in recent days. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles that Kemp looked “tentative” while running the bases during pregame warm-ups, so he’ll only be available in a pinch-hitting capacity initially.
Between his struggles following shoulder surgery and ankle and hamstring injuries, this has mostly been a lost season for Kemp. Limited to just 62 games, he is batting just .263/.319/.382 with five home runs and 27 RBI over 251 plate appearances. He’s obviously not 100 percent quite yet, but the Dodgers are still hoping he can contribute come playoff time.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)