Sep 16, 2013, 4:44 PM EST
Henry Urrutia is back from the restricted list after not being allowed into Canada due to visa issues and to make room for his return to the roster the Orioles designated Wilson Betemit for assignment.
Betemit missed the first four-plus months of the season recovering from a spring training knee injury and struggled to find at-bats after returning, as manager Buck Showalter stuck with Danny Valencia as the primary designated hitter.
Betemit ended up going 0-for-10 and he’ll hit the open market as a 32-year-old free agent following what was essentially a lost season.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)