Sep 16, 2013, 4:44 PM EST
Henry Urrutia is back from the restricted list after not being allowed into Canada due to visa issues and to make room for his return to the roster the Orioles designated Wilson Betemit for assignment.
Betemit missed the first four-plus months of the season recovering from a spring training knee injury and struggled to find at-bats after returning, as manager Buck Showalter stuck with Danny Valencia as the primary designated hitter.
Betemit ended up going 0-for-10 and he’ll hit the open market as a 32-year-old free agent following what was essentially a lost season.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)