Sep 16, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
Alex Cobb excelled on the hill while Wil Myers did the heavy lifting for the offense as the Rays topped the Rangers 6-2 tonight at Tropicana Field. The Rays are now one game ahead of the Rangers for the top AL Wild Card spot. Meanwhile, the fading Rangers have lost seven straight games.
Cobb allowed two runs over eight innings in the victory while striking out 10 batters. The game was a back-and-forth affair until the Rays got to Matt Garza for four runs in the fifth inning. Myers drove in three runs on the night, including a solo home run and a two-run double.
The Rangers now have their longest losing streak since 2007. Fortunately for them, the Indians lost to the Royals tonight, so they still have a half-game lead for the second Wild Card spot. The Orioles are two games back while the Yankees and Royals are both 2 1/2 games back.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)