Sep 16, 2013, 9:06 AM EST
Not that it’s news — Jeff Loria is a horrible, horrible baseball executive and probably a horrible person — but Ken Rosenthal has the most thorough look at the rot in the Marlins front office I’ve seen so far.
Larry Beinfest, Mike Hill and David Samson are all the men responsible, by most estimates, for making the Marlins respectable in past seasons when they had no right to be. They’ve made the most of massive roster gutting and have come up with young stars like Jose Fernandez and Giancarlo Stanton which at least provide hope. So of course Loria is jerking them around, leaning toward firing them but not doing it yet, letting them dangle as they ask for clarification on their status.
If they are fired, they will almost find jobs in better organizations and they’ll do well. Maybe Loria knows this, thus the jerking them around. Either way, he’s the absolute worst.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)