Sep 16, 2013, 9:06 AM EST
Not that it’s news — Jeff Loria is a horrible, horrible baseball executive and probably a horrible person — but Ken Rosenthal has the most thorough look at the rot in the Marlins front office I’ve seen so far.
Larry Beinfest, Mike Hill and David Samson are all the men responsible, by most estimates, for making the Marlins respectable in past seasons when they had no right to be. They’ve made the most of massive roster gutting and have come up with young stars like Jose Fernandez and Giancarlo Stanton which at least provide hope. So of course Loria is jerking them around, leaning toward firing them but not doing it yet, letting them dangle as they ask for clarification on their status.
If they are fired, they will almost find jobs in better organizations and they’ll do well. Maybe Loria knows this, thus the jerking them around. Either way, he’s the absolute worst.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)