Sep 16, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
Good news for the Athletics as they attempt to chip away at their magic number in the American League West. According to Joe Stiglich of CSNCalifornia.com, Yoenis Cespedes and Jarrod Parker will both be back in action tonight against the Angels.
Cespedes was scratched from yesterday’s lineup due to soreness in his right shoulder. However, an MRI apparently ruled out any concerns. That’s a big relief, as the 27-year-old outfielder has been playing his best baseball of the season over the past couple of weeks.
As for Parker, he missed his start yesterday against the Rangers due to illness. He’ll be looking for his 10th straight win tonight.
After sweeping the weekend series from the Rangers, the Athletics sit at 88-61 on the season and hold a lead of 6 1/2 games in the AL West. They’ll enter tonight’s action with a magic number of eight.
- Carlos Carrasco has a no-hitter through eight vs. the Rays 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 7
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 30
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 69
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)