Sep 16, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
Good news for the Athletics as they attempt to chip away at their magic number in the American League West. According to Joe Stiglich of CSNCalifornia.com, Yoenis Cespedes and Jarrod Parker will both be back in action tonight against the Angels.
Cespedes was scratched from yesterday’s lineup due to soreness in his right shoulder. However, an MRI apparently ruled out any concerns. That’s a big relief, as the 27-year-old outfielder has been playing his best baseball of the season over the past couple of weeks.
As for Parker, he missed his start yesterday against the Rangers due to illness. He’ll be looking for his 10th straight win tonight.
After sweeping the weekend series from the Rangers, the Athletics sit at 88-61 on the season and hold a lead of 6 1/2 games in the AL West. They’ll enter tonight’s action with a magic number of eight.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)