Sep 16, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
Good news for the Athletics as they attempt to chip away at their magic number in the American League West. According to Joe Stiglich of CSNCalifornia.com, Yoenis Cespedes and Jarrod Parker will both be back in action tonight against the Angels.
Cespedes was scratched from yesterday’s lineup due to soreness in his right shoulder. However, an MRI apparently ruled out any concerns. That’s a big relief, as the 27-year-old outfielder has been playing his best baseball of the season over the past couple of weeks.
As for Parker, he missed his start yesterday against the Rangers due to illness. He’ll be looking for his 10th straight win tonight.
After sweeping the weekend series from the Rangers, the Athletics sit at 88-61 on the season and hold a lead of 6 1/2 games in the AL West. They’ll enter tonight’s action with a magic number of eight.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)