Sep 16, 2013, 7:41 PM EST
Good news for the Athletics as they attempt to chip away at their magic number in the American League West. According to Joe Stiglich of CSNCalifornia.com, Yoenis Cespedes and Jarrod Parker will both be back in action tonight against the Angels.
Cespedes was scratched from yesterday’s lineup due to soreness in his right shoulder. However, an MRI apparently ruled out any concerns. That’s a big relief, as the 27-year-old outfielder has been playing his best baseball of the season over the past couple of weeks.
As for Parker, he missed his start yesterday against the Rangers due to illness. He’ll be looking for his 10th straight win tonight.
After sweeping the weekend series from the Rangers, the Athletics sit at 88-61 on the season and hold a lead of 6 1/2 games in the AL West. They’ll enter tonight’s action with a magic number of eight.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)