Sep 17, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
There was some hope that David Wright would be ready to return from the disabled list Tuesday night for the start of a three-game series at Citi Field vs. the visiting Giants. But that is not going to happen.
According to ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin, Mets manager Terry Collins told reporters on Tuesday afternoon that Wright “is not ready to play, in part because he has soreness in non-injured areas from ramping up activity.” The third baseman has been on the shelf since early August with a high-grade right hamstring strain, and since the minor leagues are closed he has not been able to do any rehab games.
Collins said Wright may be ready for activation this weekend, though even that carries no guarantee.
The 30-year-old was hitting .309/.391/.512 with 16 home runs and 54 RBI in 105 games before the injury.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)