Sep 17, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is healthy, but with the division title all but clinched for the Dodgers and his workload already at an MLB-high 223 innings they’ve decided to give him some extra time between starts.
Kershaw had been scheduled to pitch Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, but instead he’ll be pushed back until Saturday against the Padres.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that Stephen Fife will fill in for Kershaw, who’s been merely really good rather than incredible this month. He logged seven innings of three-run ball last time out against the Giants on Friday, throwing 106 pitches, and leads baseball with a 1.94 ERA overall.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)