Sep 17, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is healthy, but with the division title all but clinched for the Dodgers and his workload already at an MLB-high 223 innings they’ve decided to give him some extra time between starts.
Kershaw had been scheduled to pitch Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, but instead he’ll be pushed back until Saturday against the Padres.
Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that Stephen Fife will fill in for Kershaw, who’s been merely really good rather than incredible this month. He logged seven innings of three-run ball last time out against the Giants on Friday, throwing 106 pitches, and leads baseball with a 1.94 ERA overall.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)