Sep 17, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
What’s the deal with sacrifice bunts? I mean, who are these people calling for them all of the time? The only thing you sacrifice is your chance to score some runs.
[funky bass breakdown -- cut to exterior of Monk's Diner]
At least that’s how I’m going to imagine it’ll go tonight when Jerry Seinfeld — a huge, huge Mets fan — joins some combination of Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling in the SNY booth to call the Mets-Giants game.
Zack Wheeler is going for the Mets. He used to be a Giants prospect but they traded him away for a Carlos Beltran rental a couple of years ago. I know insult humor is not Seinfeld’s forte, but I’d like to think he has some zingers about that at the ready.
This isn’t Seinfeld’s first time at this rodeo. He called a game with Hernandez in 2010 too:
He had a suit on then. This time I’d like to think he’ll wear a big, oversized blue button-down shirt tucked into a pair of tight acid-washed jeans and a gleaming pair of white sneakers, because the 90s were the best decade ever and I miss them ever so much.
Seinfeld will appear on the pregame show at 6 p.m. ET. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)