Sep 17, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
What’s the deal with sacrifice bunts? I mean, who are these people calling for them all of the time? The only thing you sacrifice is your chance to score some runs.
[funky bass breakdown — cut to exterior of Monk’s Diner]
At least that’s how I’m going to imagine it’ll go tonight when Jerry Seinfeld — a huge, huge Mets fan — joins some combination of Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling in the SNY booth to call the Mets-Giants game.
Zack Wheeler is going for the Mets. He used to be a Giants prospect but they traded him away for a Carlos Beltran rental a couple of years ago. I know insult humor is not Seinfeld’s forte, but I’d like to think he has some zingers about that at the ready.
This isn’t Seinfeld’s first time at this rodeo. He called a game with Hernandez in 2010 too:
He had a suit on then. This time I’d like to think he’ll wear a big, oversized blue button-down shirt tucked into a pair of tight acid-washed jeans and a gleaming pair of white sneakers, because the 90s were the best decade ever and I miss them ever so much.
Seinfeld will appear on the pregame show at 6 p.m. ET. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)