Sep 17, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
From the blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Seattle Mariners Minor League right-handed pitcher Forrest Snow has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second positive test for a drug of abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Snow, who is currently on the roster of Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers of the Pacific Coast League, will be effective at the start of the 2014 season.
Snow, a 44th round draft pick, has been at Triple-A for parts of three seasons. Over his whole minor league career he’s 15-27 with a 4.50 ERA and 362 strikeouts vs. 153 walks in 388 and a third innings, primarily as a reliever.
Moreover, his parents must be big fans of winter getaways given his name.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)