Sep 17, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
As first reported by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays have officially promoted shortstop prospect Tim Beckham from Triple-A Durham. To clear a spot on the 40-man roster, injured outfielder Brandon Guyer was put on the 60-day disabled list.
Beckham, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 MLB Amateur Draft, could see semi-regular action down the stretch for the suddenly-struggling Rays. He hit .276/.342/.387 with four home runs and 17 stolen bases in 122 games this season at the Triple-A level and can be a useful pinch-runner at the very least.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 12
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 16
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8