Sep 17, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg was scratched from his scheduled start Friday with forearm soreness, but the Nationals insisted at the time that it was minor and sure enough Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com reports that he’s slated to rejoin the rotation Thursday.
Strasburg threw a problem-free bullpen session Monday to get clearance for the start, which would be against the Marlins in Washington. He faced Miami on September 8, allowing four runs in six innings.
Strasburg has already surpassed last season’s abbreviated workload by 11 innings and figures to wind up with around 180-185 total innings if he avoids any further arm problems.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 7
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 44
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 83
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 68
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)