Sep 17, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg was scratched from his scheduled start Friday with forearm soreness, but the Nationals insisted at the time that it was minor and sure enough Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com reports that he’s slated to rejoin the rotation Thursday.
Strasburg threw a problem-free bullpen session Monday to get clearance for the start, which would be against the Marlins in Washington. He faced Miami on September 8, allowing four runs in six innings.
Strasburg has already surpassed last season’s abbreviated workload by 11 innings and figures to wind up with around 180-185 total innings if he avoids any further arm problems.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)