Sep 17, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg was scratched from his scheduled start Friday with forearm soreness, but the Nationals insisted at the time that it was minor and sure enough Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com reports that he’s slated to rejoin the rotation Thursday.
Strasburg threw a problem-free bullpen session Monday to get clearance for the start, which would be against the Marlins in Washington. He faced Miami on September 8, allowing four runs in six innings.
Strasburg has already surpassed last season’s abbreviated workload by 11 innings and figures to wind up with around 180-185 total innings if he avoids any further arm problems.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 32
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 40
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)