Sep 17, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels had a scout in Japan last week to watch Masahiro Tanaka pitch and are “considering making a run” at signing him.
And they may have an improved chance at him given the reported changes to the posting system we noted yesterday. Assuming the changes go through as reported, the Angels will merely need be one of the top three bidders for the right to negotiate with Tanaka, not the top.
And Tanaka may be worth it. He’s 24, is 21-0 with a 1.24 ERA and 155/27 K/BB ratio over 188 innings this season with the Rakuten Golden Eagles of Japan’s Pacific League.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (90)