The guy who ran out onto Tropicana Field is a serial wedgie-giver and shenanigan perpetrator

Sep 17, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT

***BESTPIX*** Texas Rangers v Tampa Bay Rays

I thought we were dealing with a drunk fan, but apparently the guy who ran out onto Tropicana Field in his underpants last night habitually engages in tomfoolery and monkeyshines. From the Tampa Tribune:

Charles T. Ross, 19, of Bradenton, the man arrested at Tropicana Field, was also arrested in January after authorities said he gave wedgies to strangers at a Bradenton movie theater. In fact, Ross has a website filled with videos of him pulling pranks, which included hugging strangers in public, doing handstands over people sunbathing at the beach and resting his head on a stranger’s shoulder.

This brief shenanigan was in a slightly larger arena — a Major League Baseball game at Tropicana Field.

The key takeaway here: there is a singular form of “shenanigans.”

1. nbjays - Sep 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Thanks for this, Craig. There is a definite shortage of (harmless) shenanigans these days; we can all use some monkeyshines to brighten our drab existence; and the fine art of tomfoolery has been all but lost — not counting that perpetrated by your Congress and our own Parliament.

• cur68 - Sep 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Personally I’m into hijinks. Still, nothing wrong with a bit of shenanigans. In moderation.

• yankee172 - Sep 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Has there been a marked decline in shenanigans since the days of yore?

It’s been my experience that every statement that includes the phrase “these days” is just a bunch of bs and faux nostalgia.

• nbjays - Sep 17, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Does that include “these days” in quotes?

• yankee172 - Sep 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM

You don’t need to get offended and turn to 3rd-grade snark, just refrain from making an asinine comment next time.

• nbjays - Sep 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Offended? Ummm, ok, whatever…

Sorry if you missed the whole “tongue in cheek” tone of my original post, but since you were so distraught by my use of “these days” and your BS and Faux Nostalgia detector was ringing in your ear, I guess I can’t blame you.

• badintent - Sep 19, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Best PBT quote of the month . Bar none !!

2. vivabear - Sep 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

People like this guy, deserve and should be subjected to severe beatings.

• ridingwithnohandlebars - Sep 18, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Yes. They need to send a message that running out onto the fields is not ok. Until there are some harsh consequences, like severe injuries or death, these people will continue to do this sort of thing to get attention.

3. Caught Looking - Sep 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

These shenanigans these days end up getting you your own reality show.

4. larjones64 - Sep 17, 2013 at 6:33 PM

It’s the You Tube/Jackass era that is responsible for this

5. bigjimatch - Sep 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I swear to God, I’ll pistol whip the next that says shenanigans.

• nbjays - Sep 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I call shenanigans… I don’t think you can do it. :-)

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Hey Farva, what’s the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the wall and the mozzarella sticks?

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM

NOOO!

I HIT POST TOO SOON!

• drone501 - Sep 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM

lol

6. bosoxfan15 - Sep 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Hey Farva what’s the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Hey Denim Dan. Where’d you get the Canadian tuxedo?

**Trying to save face**

7. margaretcochran - Sep 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM

what Jeffrey explained I’m stunned that a single mom able to earn $8327 in 4 weeks on the computer. helpful site
    http:\\x­­d­­5.­­ℕ­­e­­­t/4293

8. mrbiz8505 - Sep 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Reality show is correct….hopefully one of the strangers he touched beats his ass first

9. jm91rs - Sep 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I’ve heard of this guy, or someone like him (doing the hand stands over people on the beach, hugging strangers). It’s only a matter of time before he gets a severe beating. Sadly he’s probably excited for that moment because he’s willing to do anything to go “viral”. I hope they come down on him pretty hard for this one. I haven’t seen the video but the fact that there’s an umpire on the ground in the picture tells me someone could have been hurt this time.

10. Detroit Michael - Sep 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM

The prosecution should appreciate this moron’s website when there is a sentencing hearing.

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (4129)