Sep 17, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
I thought we were dealing with a drunk fan, but apparently the guy who ran out onto Tropicana Field in his underpants last night habitually engages in tomfoolery and monkeyshines. From the Tampa Tribune:
Charles T. Ross, 19, of Bradenton, the man arrested at Tropicana Field, was also arrested in January after authorities said he gave wedgies to strangers at a Bradenton movie theater. In fact, Ross has a website filled with videos of him pulling pranks, which included hugging strangers in public, doing handstands over people sunbathing at the beach and resting his head on a stranger’s shoulder.
This brief shenanigan was in a slightly larger arena — a Major League Baseball game at Tropicana Field.
The key takeaway here: there is a singular form of “shenanigans.”
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)