Sep 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Usually cutesy little things don’t get played out until the playoffs actually start. The Red Sox are trying to get the jump on all of that, though: It’s $1 beard night at Fenway.
Seriously: wear a beard to Fenway park tonight — real or fake — and you could get to see the Red Sox game for just a dollar. It’s a “while supplies last” thing, so I imagine it’s only for the handful of walkup tickets available.
Of course, given that beards are magic and make teams win you’d think the Sox would evict all of the clean-shaven season ticket holders and let Jonny Gomes‘ spiritual relatives all come into the park. But hey, maybe they just aren’t as hip to this strategy as Boston radio hosts are.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 59
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)