Sep 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Usually cutesy little things don’t get played out until the playoffs actually start. The Red Sox are trying to get the jump on all of that, though: It’s $1 beard night at Fenway.
Seriously: wear a beard to Fenway park tonight — real or fake — and you could get to see the Red Sox game for just a dollar. It’s a “while supplies last” thing, so I imagine it’s only for the handful of walkup tickets available.
Of course, given that beards are magic and make teams win you’d think the Sox would evict all of the clean-shaven season ticket holders and let Jonny Gomes‘ spiritual relatives all come into the park. But hey, maybe they just aren’t as hip to this strategy as Boston radio hosts are.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)