Sep 18, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Usually cutesy little things don’t get played out until the playoffs actually start. The Red Sox are trying to get the jump on all of that, though: It’s $1 beard night at Fenway.
Seriously: wear a beard to Fenway park tonight — real or fake — and you could get to see the Red Sox game for just a dollar. It’s a “while supplies last” thing, so I imagine it’s only for the handful of walkup tickets available.
Of course, given that beards are magic and make teams win you’d think the Sox would evict all of the clean-shaven season ticket holders and let Jonny Gomes‘ spiritual relatives all come into the park. But hey, maybe they just aren’t as hip to this strategy as Boston radio hosts are.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)