Sep 18, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
Jerry Seinfeld made his return to the Mets booth last night. The highlights, in super cut form:
I like that he starts off by taking a shot at Hernandez. And later talks about Hernandez’s makeout scene with Julia Louis-Dreyfus in 1993. And for what it’s worth, he’s a big fan of the Mets rebuilding process. And he wants more padding on the outfield walls. Which, now that you think about it, is perfectly reasonable. Oh, and he wonders why Dr. Andrews is such a big celebrity. Oh, and he was accused by his co-announcers of being racist for mixing up Angel Pagan with another Latino player at one point.
It probably speaks to my age that half of his comments made me think how the topics he covers could have fallen into a “Seinfeld Episode.” George suggesting mattresses fastened to the Yankee Stadium wall. A whole thing in which all the characters increasingly mock “Dr. ANDREWS!”
Get off my line.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 49
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)