Sep 18, 2013, 9:23 AM EST
Jerry Seinfeld made his return to the Mets booth last night. The highlights, in super cut form:
I like that he starts off by taking a shot at Hernandez. And later talks about Hernandez’s makeout scene with Julia Louis-Dreyfus in 1993. And for what it’s worth, he’s a big fan of the Mets rebuilding process. And he wants more padding on the outfield walls. Which, now that you think about it, is perfectly reasonable. Oh, and he wonders why Dr. Andrews is such a big celebrity. Oh, and he was accused by his co-announcers of being racist for mixing up Angel Pagan with another Latino player at one point.
It probably speaks to my age that half of his comments made me think how the topics he covers could have fallen into a “Seinfeld Episode.” George suggesting mattresses fastened to the Yankee Stadium wall. A whole thing in which all the characters increasingly mock “Dr. ANDREWS!”
Get off my line.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 15
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 15
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)