Sep 18, 2013, 9:23 AM EST
Jerry Seinfeld made his return to the Mets booth last night. The highlights, in super cut form:
I like that he starts off by taking a shot at Hernandez. And later talks about Hernandez’s makeout scene with Julia Louis-Dreyfus in 1993. And for what it’s worth, he’s a big fan of the Mets rebuilding process. And he wants more padding on the outfield walls. Which, now that you think about it, is perfectly reasonable. Oh, and he wonders why Dr. Andrews is such a big celebrity. Oh, and he was accused by his co-announcers of being racist for mixing up Angel Pagan with another Latino player at one point.
It probably speaks to my age that half of his comments made me think how the topics he covers could have fallen into a “Seinfeld Episode.” George suggesting mattresses fastened to the Yankee Stadium wall. A whole thing in which all the characters increasingly mock “Dr. ANDREWS!”
Get off my line.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)