Sep 18, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
Jerry Seinfeld made his return to the Mets booth last night. The highlights, in super cut form:
I like that he starts off by taking a shot at Hernandez. And later talks about Hernandez’s makeout scene with Julia Louis-Dreyfus in 1993. And for what it’s worth, he’s a big fan of the Mets rebuilding process. And he wants more padding on the outfield walls. Which, now that you think about it, is perfectly reasonable. Oh, and he wonders why Dr. Andrews is such a big celebrity. Oh, and he was accused by his co-announcers of being racist for mixing up Angel Pagan with another Latino player at one point.
It probably speaks to my age that half of his comments made me think how the topics he covers could have fallen into a “Seinfeld Episode.” George suggesting mattresses fastened to the Yankee Stadium wall. A whole thing in which all the characters increasingly mock “Dr. ANDREWS!”
Get off my line.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)