Sep 18, 2013, 9:23 AM EST
Jerry Seinfeld made his return to the Mets booth last night. The highlights, in super cut form:
I like that he starts off by taking a shot at Hernandez. And later talks about Hernandez’s makeout scene with Julia Louis-Dreyfus in 1993. And for what it’s worth, he’s a big fan of the Mets rebuilding process. And he wants more padding on the outfield walls. Which, now that you think about it, is perfectly reasonable. Oh, and he wonders why Dr. Andrews is such a big celebrity. Oh, and he was accused by his co-announcers of being racist for mixing up Angel Pagan with another Latino player at one point.
It probably speaks to my age that half of his comments made me think how the topics he covers could have fallen into a “Seinfeld Episode.” George suggesting mattresses fastened to the Yankee Stadium wall. A whole thing in which all the characters increasingly mock “Dr. ANDREWS!”
Get off my line.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)