Sep 18, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the story:
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday afternoon that suspended slugger Ryan Braun‘s visit to Miller Park was merely to say hello to teammates and staff.
Braun had not been at the ballpark since July 22, when he accepted a season-ending 65-game suspension for evidence found that he purchased performance-enhancing drugs from the Biogenesis clinic that was investigated by MLB.
“He just came in to visit,” Roenicke said Wednesday night. “He told me a while ago when we talked that he wanted to come in. He didn’t want it to be a distraction. I told him it wouldn’t be. So, he came in and I’m really glad he did. … It was really nice to see him. All the staff was happy to see him; the players were happy to see him.”
Braun did not talk to the media and has not made any plans yet to answer questions.
He issued a lengthy written apology for his involvement in Biogenesis last month.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 53
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (188)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)