Sep 18, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the story:
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday afternoon that suspended slugger Ryan Braun‘s visit to Miller Park was merely to say hello to teammates and staff.
Braun had not been at the ballpark since July 22, when he accepted a season-ending 65-game suspension for evidence found that he purchased performance-enhancing drugs from the Biogenesis clinic that was investigated by MLB.
“He just came in to visit,” Roenicke said Wednesday night. “He told me a while ago when we talked that he wanted to come in. He didn’t want it to be a distraction. I told him it wouldn’t be. So, he came in and I’m really glad he did. … It was really nice to see him. All the staff was happy to see him; the players were happy to see him.”
Braun did not talk to the media and has not made any plans yet to answer questions.
He issued a lengthy written apology for his involvement in Biogenesis last month.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 114
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)