Sep 18, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
Last year the Rangers staggered and sort of fell backwards into the playoffs. This year they’re staggering again and may not make it at all. If you do that two years in a row, someone’s gotta take the fall, right?
Maybe not the manager, though.
Two smart takes on that today. First from Ken Rosenthal, who says that while some may call for Ron Washington’s head if the Rangers miss the playoffs, the more interesting thing to watch may be the front office dynamics. Could Nolan Ryan regain the power he’s lost? The second take is from Yahoo!’s Tim Brown who says that this isn’t Wash’s fault so he shouldn’t take the fall.
I agree. Nelson Cruz‘s absence and the simple failure to execute by the players who are there is what’s happening. I can’t look to anything Washington has or has not done to warrant his dismissal. Not that people won’t be calling for his or someone else’e head anyway.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)