Sep 19, 2013, 8:18 PM EST
After Dodgers defeated the Diamondbacks this afternoon to clinch the National League West title, they decided to jump into the pool at Chase Field as part of their postgame celebration. FOX Sports has the video footage, which you can watch below.
Looks like some good old-fashioned fun. Unless you are a member of those gritty Diamondbacks. Here’s what Willie Bloomquist had to say about the impromptu pool party.
Who knew that a pool in an MLB ballpark was such sacred ground? Perhaps Bloomquist is in charge of cleaning it. I’m pretty sure that is one of the responsibilities of being a utility player. Anyway, I guess we should prepare ourselves for the first pool-related retaliation in MLB history next season.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 142
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (143)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)