Sep 19, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
After Dodgers defeated the Diamondbacks this afternoon to clinch the National League West title, they decided to jump into the pool at Chase Field as part of their postgame celebration. FOX Sports has the video footage, which you can watch below.
Looks like some good old-fashioned fun. Unless you are a member of those gritty Diamondbacks. Here’s what Willie Bloomquist had to say about the impromptu pool party.
Who knew that a pool in an MLB ballpark was such sacred ground? Perhaps Bloomquist is in charge of cleaning it. I’m pretty sure that is one of the responsibilities of being a utility player. Anyway, I guess we should prepare ourselves for the first pool-related retaliation in MLB history next season.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)