Sep 19, 2013, 8:18 PM EST
After Dodgers defeated the Diamondbacks this afternoon to clinch the National League West title, they decided to jump into the pool at Chase Field as part of their postgame celebration. FOX Sports has the video footage, which you can watch below.
Looks like some good old-fashioned fun. Unless you are a member of those gritty Diamondbacks. Here’s what Willie Bloomquist had to say about the impromptu pool party.
Who knew that a pool in an MLB ballpark was such sacred ground? Perhaps Bloomquist is in charge of cleaning it. I’m pretty sure that is one of the responsibilities of being a utility player. Anyway, I guess we should prepare ourselves for the first pool-related retaliation in MLB history next season.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (116)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)