Sep 19, 2013, 8:18 PM EST
After Dodgers defeated the Diamondbacks this afternoon to clinch the National League West title, they decided to jump into the pool at Chase Field as part of their postgame celebration. FOX Sports has the video footage, which you can watch below.
Looks like some good old-fashioned fun. Unless you are a member of those gritty Diamondbacks. Here’s what Willie Bloomquist had to say about the impromptu pool party.
Who knew that a pool in an MLB ballpark was such sacred ground? Perhaps Bloomquist is in charge of cleaning it. I’m pretty sure that is one of the responsibilities of being a utility player. Anyway, I guess we should prepare ourselves for the first pool-related retaliation in MLB history next season.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 61
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 31
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)