Sep 19, 2013, 8:18 PM EDT
After Dodgers defeated the Diamondbacks this afternoon to clinch the National League West title, they decided to jump into the pool at Chase Field as part of their postgame celebration. FOX Sports has the video footage, which you can watch below.
Looks like some good old-fashioned fun. Unless you are a member of those gritty Diamondbacks. Here’s what Willie Bloomquist had to say about the impromptu pool party.
Who knew that a pool in an MLB ballpark was such sacred ground? Perhaps Bloomquist is in charge of cleaning it. I’m pretty sure that is one of the responsibilities of being a utility player. Anyway, I guess we should prepare ourselves for the first pool-related retaliation in MLB history next season.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)