Sep 19, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Hernandez threw a problem-free bullpen session today to convince the Mariners he’s healthy enough to start. He struggled leading up to the injury shut down, allowing 25 runs in 33.2 innings over the span of six starts, which increased his ERA from 2.30 to 3.01.
He needs to throw 5.2 more innings to reach 200 for the sixth consecutive season and has posted an ERA below 3.50 in each of those years.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)