Sep 19, 2013, 12:21 PM EST
Hernandez threw a problem-free bullpen session today to convince the Mariners he’s healthy enough to start. He struggled leading up to the injury shut down, allowing 25 runs in 33.2 innings over the span of six starts, which increased his ERA from 2.30 to 3.01.
He needs to throw 5.2 more innings to reach 200 for the sixth consecutive season and has posted an ERA below 3.50 in each of those years.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)