Sep 19, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Hernandez threw a problem-free bullpen session today to convince the Mariners he’s healthy enough to start. He struggled leading up to the injury shut down, allowing 25 runs in 33.2 innings over the span of six starts, which increased his ERA from 2.30 to 3.01.
He needs to throw 5.2 more innings to reach 200 for the sixth consecutive season and has posted an ERA below 3.50 in each of those years.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 25
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 44
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)