Sep 19, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
Hernandez threw a problem-free bullpen session today to convince the Mariners he’s healthy enough to start. He struggled leading up to the injury shut down, allowing 25 runs in 33.2 innings over the span of six starts, which increased his ERA from 2.30 to 3.01.
He needs to throw 5.2 more innings to reach 200 for the sixth consecutive season and has posted an ERA below 3.50 in each of those years.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 37
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 11
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 29
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)