Sep 19, 2013, 9:04 PM EST
Castro fouled a ball off his knee on September 2 and had the cyst drained one day later, but he only appeared in two more games as a DH before being shut down. While his right knee has been a problem in the past, costing him the entire 2011 season, he is expected to be 100 percent for 2014.
Castro was a big bright spot for the rebuilding Astros this season, batting .276/.350/.485 with 18 home runs and 56 RBI. Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow still has a lot of holes to fill before the team becomes a contender, but catcher shouldn’t be one of them.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)