Sep 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
After word leaked of his first failed drug test Ryan Braun remained popular in Wisconsin, registering at a 59/7 favorability rating in February of 2012. Voters in the state have had enough following the latest round of revelations though, and now his numbers stand at a 15/39 spread.
Great. Now Braun will never be elected starting left fielder for the Brewers next year.
Also: please re-poll if and when Bruan is hitting home runs and helping the Brewers win baseball games. I sorta feel like that for ballplayers is akin to the economy for politicians. Even if people think the guy in question is a sonofoabitch, they’ll generally put up with him as long as things are going well.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 13
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 15
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)