Sep 19, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
After word leaked of his first failed drug test Ryan Braun remained popular in Wisconsin, registering at a 59/7 favorability rating in February of 2012. Voters in the state have had enough following the latest round of revelations though, and now his numbers stand at a 15/39 spread.
Great. Now Braun will never be elected starting left fielder for the Brewers next year.
Also: please re-poll if and when Bruan is hitting home runs and helping the Brewers win baseball games. I sorta feel like that for ballplayers is akin to the economy for politicians. Even if people think the guy in question is a sonofoabitch, they’ll generally put up with him as long as things are going well.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 26
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)