Sep 19, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Unfortunately that’s not going to happen, as the team announced last night that Strasburg has been scratched from that start because his forearm problems haven’t subsided. Or as manager Davey Johnson told Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com: “It’s just not worth the risks. He wanted to go tomorrow, I said no.”
Based on that quote shutting Strasburg down for the season seems fairly likely, although the right-hander continues to talk as if he plans to start at least once more. For now Saturday is a potential return date, although by that point who knows where the Nationals’ playoff chances will stand.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)