Sep 19, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Unfortunately that’s not going to happen, as the team announced last night that Strasburg has been scratched from that start because his forearm problems haven’t subsided. Or as manager Davey Johnson told Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com: “It’s just not worth the risks. He wanted to go tomorrow, I said no.”
Based on that quote shutting Strasburg down for the season seems fairly likely, although the right-hander continues to talk as if he plans to start at least once more. For now Saturday is a potential return date, although by that point who knows where the Nationals’ playoff chances will stand.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59