Sep 19, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
In the top of the fifth inning this afternoon against the Mariners, Prince Fielder attempted to chase down a foul ball off the bat of catcher Mike Zunino. While he was unable to catch the ball, he didn’t walk away completely empty-handed.
The best part about that is that the fan appeared to be completely oblivious to Fielder’s presence until he swiped the nacho. He’s a sneaky one.
Fielder also snacked on Mariners’ pitching this afternoon, finishing 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored. He had a game-tying single in the seventh inning and eventually scored the go-ahead run on a double by Victor Martinez.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)