Sep 19, 2013, 7:32 PM EST
In the top of the fifth inning this afternoon against the Mariners, Prince Fielder attempted to chase down a foul ball off the bat of catcher Mike Zunino. While he was unable to catch the ball, he didn’t walk away completely empty-handed.
The best part about that is that the fan appeared to be completely oblivious to Fielder’s presence until he swiped the nacho. He’s a sneaky one.
Fielder also snacked on Mariners’ pitching this afternoon, finishing 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored. He had a game-tying single in the seventh inning and eventually scored the go-ahead run on a double by Victor Martinez.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 50
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 21
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)