Sep 19, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
In the top of the fifth inning this afternoon against the Mariners, Prince Fielder attempted to chase down a foul ball off the bat of catcher Mike Zunino. While he was unable to catch the ball, he didn’t walk away completely empty-handed.
The best part about that is that the fan appeared to be completely oblivious to Fielder’s presence until he swiped the nacho. He’s a sneaky one.
Fielder also snacked on Mariners’ pitching this afternoon, finishing 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored. He had a game-tying single in the seventh inning and eventually scored the go-ahead run on a double by Victor Martinez.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)