Sep 19, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
In the top of the fifth inning this afternoon against the Mariners, Prince Fielder attempted to chase down a foul ball off the bat of catcher Mike Zunino. While he was unable to catch the ball, he didn’t walk away completely empty-handed.
The best part about that is that the fan appeared to be completely oblivious to Fielder’s presence until he swiped the nacho. He’s a sneaky one.
Fielder also snacked on Mariners’ pitching this afternoon, finishing 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored. He had a game-tying single in the seventh inning and eventually scored the go-ahead run on a double by Victor Martinez.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 7
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 159
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 20
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (167)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)