Sep 20, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Once Yankees starter Andy Pettitte made the announcement that he is calling it quits after the 2013 season ends, it seemed like everybody on planet Earth knew about it. Columns about the lefty’s Hall of Fame case were quickly scrawled and editorials about his history with performance-enhancing drug use made the rounds. One player, though, had no idea what was going on despite sharing the clubhouse with Pettitte from 2007-10 and again over the past two seasons: third baseman Alex Rodriguez.
Asked for a comment about Pettitte, A-Rod said “tell me what happened.” Reporters pointed to retirement presser on overhead TV. Didn’t know.
— Peter Botte (@PeterBotte) September 20, 2013
I wonder if he knows that Derek Jeter is still out with an ankle injury, or that the Yankees are three and a half games out of the second AL Wild Card.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)