Sep 20, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Once Yankees starter Andy Pettitte made the announcement that he is calling it quits after the 2013 season ends, it seemed like everybody on planet Earth knew about it. Columns about the lefty’s Hall of Fame case were quickly scrawled and editorials about his history with performance-enhancing drug use made the rounds. One player, though, had no idea what was going on despite sharing the clubhouse with Pettitte from 2007-10 and again over the past two seasons: third baseman Alex Rodriguez.
Asked for a comment about Pettitte, A-Rod said “tell me what happened.” Reporters pointed to retirement presser on overhead TV. Didn’t know.
— Peter Botte (@PeterBotte) September 20, 2013
I wonder if he knows that Derek Jeter is still out with an ankle injury, or that the Yankees are three and a half games out of the second AL Wild Card.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)