Arizona senator John McCain calls the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”
Sep 20, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Like many people in Arizona, senator John McCain is very upset about the Dodgers celebrating their division title by jumping into the Diamondbacks’ pool last night:
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) September 20, 2013
Incidentally, according to CNN.com McCain’s net worth was approximately $40 million as of 2006.
For anyone who missed it last night, the Dodgers won the NL West title in Arizona and the players made a mad dash for the pool in the Chase Field outfield from which fans watch games. They hopped in, which you can see in the video below:
And then various Diamondbacks– led by utility man Willie Bloomquist–got very upset, calling the Dodgers “classless” among other things. Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy had a different response than most of his teammates, tweeting late last night:
Celebrating is fun. I don’t care how and where you do it. Only thing to care about is what we need to do to celebrate in our pool next year.
— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) September 19, 2013
McCain disagrees, though.
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 27
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 51
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)