Arizona senator John McCain calls the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”
Sep 20, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Like many people in Arizona, senator John McCain is very upset about the Dodgers celebrating their division title by jumping into the Diamondbacks’ pool last night:
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) September 20, 2013
Incidentally, according to CNN.com McCain’s net worth was approximately $40 million as of 2006.
For anyone who missed it last night, the Dodgers won the NL West title in Arizona and the players made a mad dash for the pool in the Chase Field outfield from which fans watch games. They hopped in, which you can see in the video below:
And then various Diamondbacks– led by utility man Willie Bloomquist—got very upset, calling the Dodgers “classless” among other things. Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy had a different response than most of his teammates, tweeting late last night:
Celebrating is fun. I don’t care how and where you do it. Only thing to care about is what we need to do to celebrate in our pool next year.
— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) September 19, 2013
McCain disagrees, though.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)