Arizona senator John McCain calls the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”
Sep 20, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Like many people in Arizona, senator John McCain is very upset about the Dodgers celebrating their division title by jumping into the Diamondbacks’ pool last night:
— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) September 20, 2013
Incidentally, according to CNN.com McCain’s net worth was approximately $40 million as of 2006.
For anyone who missed it last night, the Dodgers won the NL West title in Arizona and the players made a mad dash for the pool in the Chase Field outfield from which fans watch games. They hopped in, which you can see in the video below:
And then various Diamondbacks– led by utility man Willie Bloomquist–got very upset, calling the Dodgers “classless” among other things. Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy had a different response than most of his teammates, tweeting late last night:
Celebrating is fun. I don’t care how and where you do it. Only thing to care about is what we need to do to celebrate in our pool next year.
— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) September 19, 2013
McCain disagrees, though.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)