Sep 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Earlier today, Arizona Senator John McCain tweeted his thoughts on the Dodgers’ Chase Field pool celebration. He called the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”. The whole thing came about because Diamondbacks utility man Willie Bloomquist took to the media to voice his displeasure with the act, saying he thought the Dodgers “had more class than that”.
Bearded gentleman and Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson is the latest to throw his opinion out into the Internet ether:
Senator McComplain knows a thing or two about coming in second and watching someone take a plunge in the pool (I mean poll) #POoLITICS
— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilson38) September 20, 2013
Wilson, of course, is referencing McCain’s loss at the hands of current President Barack Obama in the 2008 election.
Who knew politics and baseball could be so fun?
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)