Sep 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Earlier today, Arizona Senator John McCain tweeted his thoughts on the Dodgers’ Chase Field pool celebration. He called the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”. The whole thing came about because Diamondbacks utility man Willie Bloomquist took to the media to voice his displeasure with the act, saying he thought the Dodgers “had more class than that”.
Bearded gentleman and Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson is the latest to throw his opinion out into the Internet ether:
Senator McComplain knows a thing or two about coming in second and watching someone take a plunge in the pool (I mean poll) #POoLITICS
— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilson38) September 20, 2013
Wilson, of course, is referencing McCain’s loss at the hands of current President Barack Obama in the 2008 election.
Who knew politics and baseball could be so fun?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 23
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)