Sep 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Earlier today, Arizona Senator John McCain tweeted his thoughts on the Dodgers’ Chase Field pool celebration. He called the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”. The whole thing came about because Diamondbacks utility man Willie Bloomquist took to the media to voice his displeasure with the act, saying he thought the Dodgers “had more class than that”.
Bearded gentleman and Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson is the latest to throw his opinion out into the Internet ether:
Senator McComplain knows a thing or two about coming in second and watching someone take a plunge in the pool (I mean poll) #POoLITICS
— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilson38) September 20, 2013
Wilson, of course, is referencing McCain’s loss at the hands of current President Barack Obama in the 2008 election.
Who knew politics and baseball could be so fun?
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)