Sep 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Earlier today, Arizona Senator John McCain tweeted his thoughts on the Dodgers’ Chase Field pool celebration. He called the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”. The whole thing came about because Diamondbacks utility man Willie Bloomquist took to the media to voice his displeasure with the act, saying he thought the Dodgers “had more class than that”.
Bearded gentleman and Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson is the latest to throw his opinion out into the Internet ether:
Senator McComplain knows a thing or two about coming in second and watching someone take a plunge in the pool (I mean poll) #POoLITICS
— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilson38) September 20, 2013
Wilson, of course, is referencing McCain’s loss at the hands of current President Barack Obama in the 2008 election.
Who knew politics and baseball could be so fun?
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 1
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 74
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)