Sep 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
Earlier today, Arizona Senator John McCain tweeted his thoughts on the Dodgers’ Chase Field pool celebration. He called the Dodgers “a bunch of overpaid, immature, arrogant, spoiled brats”. The whole thing came about because Diamondbacks utility man Willie Bloomquist took to the media to voice his displeasure with the act, saying he thought the Dodgers “had more class than that”.
Bearded gentleman and Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson is the latest to throw his opinion out into the Internet ether:
Senator McComplain knows a thing or two about coming in second and watching someone take a plunge in the pool (I mean poll) #POoLITICS
— Brian Wilson (@BrianWilson38) September 20, 2013
Wilson, of course, is referencing McCain’s loss at the hands of current President Barack Obama in the 2008 election.
Who knew politics and baseball could be so fun?
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 0
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)