Sep 20, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
Blue Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus suffered a freak injury after taking the field prior to the bottom of the first inning tonight against the Red Sox. While trotting to his position in center, Anthony Gose had thrown a ball in his direction, but Rasmus wasn’t aware. The ball struck him in the face. After a trainer examined him, Rasmus was taken out of the game. As a result, Gose moved from right to center, Rajai Davis moved from left to right, and Kevin Pillar entered the game in left.
You can see the incident at about the 1:40 mark in this video:
The Blue Jays have not released any information on the condition of the injury, but MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm tweets that the jays were continuing to examine his left eye.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)