Sep 20, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Encarnacion missed some time after tweaking his wrist earlier this month, but he was able to return to the lineup over the weekend. While he initially planned to play through the discomfort, he changed his mind after he struck out swinging and threw his bat in the stands in his final at-bat on Sunday. Evan Peaslee of MLB.com reports that Encarnacion had cartilage removed from the wrist while the “conservative” estimate is that he’ll need two months of recovery time.
After a breakthrough season in 2012, Encarnacion batted .272/.370/.534 with 36 home runs and 104 RBI in 142 games this season. Only Chris Davis and Miguel Cabrera have more home runs over the past two seasons.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)