Sep 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
Tigers starter Max Scherzer, at long last, has joined the 20-win club. In his fifth attempt at the feat, the right-hander held the White Sox to three runs on six hits and a walk in six innings of work. Scherzer only struck out three, but it was besides the point as the Tigers supplied him with plenty of offense in a 12-5 victory.
Outfielder Torii Hunter went 4-for-5 with three runs batted in, while designated hitter Victor Martinez supplied a two-run home run in the fifth inning. White Sox starter Dylan Axelrod wasn’t able to escape the third inning.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)