Sep 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EST
Tigers starter Max Scherzer, at long last, has joined the 20-win club. In his fifth attempt at the feat, the right-hander held the White Sox to three runs on six hits and a walk in six innings of work. Scherzer only struck out three, but it was besides the point as the Tigers supplied him with plenty of offense in a 12-5 victory.
Outfielder Torii Hunter went 4-for-5 with three runs batted in, while designated hitter Victor Martinez supplied a two-run home run in the fifth inning. White Sox starter Dylan Axelrod wasn’t able to escape the third inning.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)