Sep 20, 2013, 11:50 PM EDT
Tigers starter Max Scherzer, at long last, has joined the 20-win club. In his fifth attempt at the feat, the right-hander held the White Sox to three runs on six hits and a walk in six innings of work. Scherzer only struck out three, but it was besides the point as the Tigers supplied him with plenty of offense in a 12-5 victory.
Outfielder Torii Hunter went 4-for-5 with three runs batted in, while designated hitter Victor Martinez supplied a two-run home run in the fifth inning. White Sox starter Dylan Axelrod wasn’t able to escape the third inning.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 32
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86