Comedian David Cross sang “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” at Wrigley Field

Sep 21, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT

63rd Annual ACE Eddie Awards - Show Getty Images

Comedian David Cross, of Mr. Show fame, has been making the media rounds with partner Bob Odenkirk to promote their new book, “Hollywood Said No!“. The duo appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart last week and Cross wound up with WGN’s Len Kasper and Jim DeShaies this afternoon for a little banter in the top of the seventh inning before singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” as per Wrigley Field tradition.

(If the video above isn’t showing up, you can click here to go directly to MLB’s website.)

Following his rendition, Cross humbly addressed the crowd at Wrigley, saying, “That was awful. Thank you very much. I’m so sorry. Next time, guys. Next time.”

Roseanne Barr was unavailable for comment.

1. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Sep 21, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Lindsay Bluth Fünke: What did he say? Tell me the last thing he said.
    Tobias Fünke: [flashback] I’m afraid I just blue myself.
    Michael Bluth: There really has got to be a better way to say that.

2. tfbuckfutter - Sep 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM

They should have invited 2+1-1. They would have pwned the national anthem.

Or Horace Loeb.

I’ll miss you, Willips Brighton’s son.

• ayes81 - Sep 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM

It’s Three Times One Minus One. We also would have accepted 3 x 1 – 1 or TTOMO.

F.F. Woodycooks angrily shakes the crime stick at you.

3. bfunk1978 - Sep 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Was he wearing the cutoffs? Crying into his washcloth in the shower? I can’t tell because this video isn’t available for sharing. :(

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM

It’s because the designer of the Shémale shirt he was wearing filed a copyright claim.

• bfunk1978 - Sep 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM

What a blow hard.

4. lyon810 - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Man Show > Mr. Show

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM

You < dumb

5. jgater1981 - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Lyon, there are some really stupid commenters on SportsTalk, but you might be the stupidest person ever. I can only guess you’ve never seen Mr. Show. If you have seen it, and still make that comment, everyone can agree you have the worst sense of humor of all time and you are everything that is wrong with this world.

• tfbuckfutter - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I agree.

I have seen all 24 episodes of Mr. Show.

I would have seen more, but as we all know, 24 is the highest number.

6. irishdodger - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:36 PM

David Cross is a snarky, spoiled, little Pinko wimp. He’s the kind of guy you pray your son doesn’t grow up to be.

• cohnjusack - Sep 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM

RIght on! I pray every day that my son doesn’t grow up to become extremely successful doing what he loves.

7. jgater1981 - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Irishdodger, he is all that, I agree. Mr. Show is still brilliant.

8. jgater1981 - Sep 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Oh Tf, you are king shi* of fuc* mountain. Why would we fuc* with you?

9. MyTeamsAllStink - Sep 22, 2013 at 10:47 AM

can we just end this played out tradition already?Just play a recording of one of Harry Careys drunken renditions from now on.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto