Sep 21, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
There have been multiple sewage issues at O.co Coliseum this season and they have reared their ugly head again today with rain in the Oakland area.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has the updates from the Athletics clubhouse:
Meanwhile, Twins closer Glen Perkins has provided this shot of standing water in the visitor’s dugout. Note that even the Dodgers don’t want to swim in this.
Slusser notes that the A’s say there’s no sewage component to the standing water in the dugout, though it’s pretty sad that something like that needs to be clarified. Still, it would be pretty embarrassing for MLB if something like this happened during the postseason. Good thing they have been dragging their feet on this stadium situation for years.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8