Sep 21, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
There have been multiple sewage issues at O.co Coliseum this season and they have reared their ugly head again today with rain in the Oakland area.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has the updates from the Athletics clubhouse:
Meanwhile, Twins closer Glen Perkins has provided this shot of standing water in the visitor’s dugout. Note that even the Dodgers don’t want to swim in this.
Slusser notes that the A’s say there’s no sewage component to the standing water in the dugout, though it’s pretty sad that something like that needs to be clarified. Still, it would be pretty embarrassing for MLB if something like this happened during the postseason. Good thing they have been dragging their feet on this stadium situation for years.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 42
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)