Sep 21, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
There have been multiple sewage issues at O.co Coliseum this season and they have reared their ugly head again today with rain in the Oakland area.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has the updates from the Athletics clubhouse:
Meanwhile, Twins closer Glen Perkins has provided this shot of standing water in the visitor’s dugout. Note that even the Dodgers don’t want to swim in this.
Slusser notes that the A’s say there’s no sewage component to the standing water in the dugout, though it’s pretty sad that something like that needs to be clarified. Still, it would be pretty embarrassing for MLB if something like this happened during the postseason. Good thing they have been dragging their feet on this stadium situation for years.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)