Sep 21, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT
There have been multiple sewage issues at O.co Coliseum this season and they have reared their ugly head again today with rain in the Oakland area.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has the updates from the Athletics clubhouse:
Meanwhile, Twins closer Glen Perkins has provided this shot of standing water in the visitor’s dugout. Note that even the Dodgers don’t want to swim in this.
Slusser notes that the A’s say there’s no sewage component to the standing water in the dugout, though it’s pretty sad that something like that needs to be clarified. Still, it would be pretty embarrassing for MLB if something like this happened during the postseason. Good thing they have been dragging their feet on this stadium situation for years.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 4
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 19
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 37
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (186)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)