Sep 21, 2013, 3:11 PM EST
There have been multiple sewage issues at O.co Coliseum this season and they have reared their ugly head again today with rain in the Oakland area.
Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has the updates from the Athletics clubhouse:
Meanwhile, Twins closer Glen Perkins has provided this shot of standing water in the visitor’s dugout. Note that even the Dodgers don’t want to swim in this.
Slusser notes that the A’s say there’s no sewage component to the standing water in the dugout, though it’s pretty sad that something like that needs to be clarified. Still, it would be pretty embarrassing for MLB if something like this happened during the postseason. Good thing they have been dragging their feet on this stadium situation for years.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)