Sep 22, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
Twins catcher Joe Mauer hasn’t played in over a month due to a concussion and might not return for the final week of the regular season, but there is positive news to report on his overall well-being.
According to beat writer LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Mauer had a “good day of workouts” on Sunday at the Twins’ Target Field and he has been fully “symptom-free in recent days.”
Refreshing after a scary mid-September setback.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (354)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (195)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)