Sep 22, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
Twins catcher Joe Mauer hasn’t played in over a month due to a concussion and might not return for the final week of the regular season, but there is positive news to report on his overall well-being.
According to beat writer LaVelle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Mauer had a “good day of workouts” on Sunday at the Twins’ Target Field and he has been fully “symptom-free in recent days.”
Refreshing after a scary mid-September setback.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39