Sep 22, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
Shin-Soo Choo was held out of the Reds’ lineup on Saturday and is not playing Sunday due to a jammed left thumb that he suffered Friday night in Pittsburgh when he tried to beat out an infield single by diving into first base. But the situation is rapidly improving.
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that X-rays turned up negative Sunday morning on Choo’s left thumb and he is aiming to return to action for Monday night’s series-opener against the Mets back at Great American Ballpark. ”That eased my mind,” Choo said of the negative X-ray results. “Was worried.”
Choo is hitting .283/.423/.462 with 21 home runs, 18 stolen bases and 105 runs scored in 148 games this season. The Reds open play Sunday as a veritable lock for one of the National League Wild Card spots.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)