Sep 23, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
Rangers outfielder Alex Rios became the third player this year to hit for the cycle Monday, doing so in just six innings against the hapless Astros.
Oddly enough, all three cycles this year have been contained entirely within the AL West. The Angels’ Mike Trout had one in May against the Mariners, and the Astros’ Brandon Barnes delivered one in July, also versus Seattle.
It hadn’t been too long since the Rangers had experienced a cycle: Adrian Beltre had one last August.
Rios now has 30 doubles, four triples and 18 homers this season. He’s hit .288 with six homers and 13 steals in 160 at-bats since the Rangers acquired him from the White Sox last month.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)