Sep 23, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Tampa Bay activated Jesse Crain from the disabled list, meaning the right-hander has finally been cleared to make his Rays debut two months after being acquired from the White Sox.
Crain was on the DL with a shoulder injury at the time of the trade, which factored into the White Sox’s modest asking price, and he failed to make as much progress in his recovery as the Rays hoped. However, he should have time to make 2-3 appearances before the end of the regular season and will be eligible for the playoff roster if the Rays get there.
Prior to the injury Crain made his first All-Star team at age 31, throwing 37 innings with a 0.74 ERA and 46/11 K/BB ratio in his final season before hitting the open market as a free agent.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)