Sep 23, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Tampa Bay activated Jesse Crain from the disabled list, meaning the right-hander has finally been cleared to make his Rays debut two months after being acquired from the White Sox.
Crain was on the DL with a shoulder injury at the time of the trade, which factored into the White Sox’s modest asking price, and he failed to make as much progress in his recovery as the Rays hoped. However, he should have time to make 2-3 appearances before the end of the regular season and will be eligible for the playoff roster if the Rays get there.
Prior to the injury Crain made his first All-Star team at age 31, throwing 37 innings with a 0.74 ERA and 46/11 K/BB ratio in his final season before hitting the open market as a free agent.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)