Sep 23, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera left Saturday’s game after aggravating a groin injury and sat out yesterday’s game, but Chris Iott of MLive.com reports that he’s back in the lineup at third base tonight against the Twins.
Cabrera has been banged up for quite some time now, so it’s just a matter of pain tolerance. The Tigers need a win tonight and an Indians loss to wrap up the American League Central, so look for him to get some extra rest once that happens. It’s clear he’ll be going into the postseason at well under 100 percent, but 50 percent of Miggy is better than most mere mortals. The Tigers will take their chances with that.
While Cabrera is back in the starting lineup tonight, Jose Iglesias is still absent. The 23-year-old shortstop hasn’t played since he suffered a left hand contusion as the result of being hit by a pitch last Thursday.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)