Sep 23, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera left Saturday’s game after aggravating a groin injury and sat out yesterday’s game, but Chris Iott of MLive.com reports that he’s back in the lineup at third base tonight against the Twins.
Cabrera has been banged up for quite some time now, so it’s just a matter of pain tolerance. The Tigers need a win tonight and an Indians loss to wrap up the American League Central, so look for him to get some extra rest once that happens. It’s clear he’ll be going into the postseason at well under 100 percent, but 50 percent of Miggy is better than most mere mortals. The Tigers will take their chances with that.
While Cabrera is back in the starting lineup tonight, Jose Iglesias is still absent. The 23-year-old shortstop hasn’t played since he suffered a left hand contusion as the result of being hit by a pitch last Thursday.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)