Sep 23, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
I totally agree with Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips on this topic:
Phillips on #Reds would celebrate clinching a wild card: Hell no! You celebrate clinching a one-game playoff and then lose, you look stupid.
— John Fay (@johnfayman) September 23, 2013
Of course, we’ll see if the rest of the Reds feel the same way. Right now they’re two games behind the Cardinals for the division title and have one of the two Wild Card spots just about wrapped up.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)