Sep 23, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
TBS announced that Pedro Martinez will join their broadcast crew for the playoffs, with the future Hall of Famer teaming with Tom Verducci as analysts alongside studio host Keith Olbermann.
As for what he’ll bring to the table, Martinez told the Associated Press:
Some of us, when we go up to the booth and look at the game down on the field, sometimes we tend to forget how difficult the game is and how uncomfortable it is to execute under pressure. .. As a baseball player, I always recognized when I didn’t do something right. I didn’t have a problem with anybody saying, “He didn’t execute.”
Without naming any specific names it’s definitely true that being outspoken and a good quote as a player doesn’t necessarily equate to being a good television analyst, but I’m optimistic about Pedro being pretty entertaining.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8