Sep 23, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
TBS announced that Pedro Martinez will join their broadcast crew for the playoffs, with the future Hall of Famer teaming with Tom Verducci as analysts alongside studio host Keith Olbermann.
As for what he’ll bring to the table, Martinez told the Associated Press:
Some of us, when we go up to the booth and look at the game down on the field, sometimes we tend to forget how difficult the game is and how uncomfortable it is to execute under pressure. .. As a baseball player, I always recognized when I didn’t do something right. I didn’t have a problem with anybody saying, “He didn’t execute.”
Without naming any specific names it’s definitely true that being outspoken and a good quote as a player doesn’t necessarily equate to being a good television analyst, but I’m optimistic about Pedro being pretty entertaining.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)